why christ lutheran?
Connecting People to Jesus
Partnering with parents to educate the whole child spiritually, academically, emotionally and physically in a Christ-centered environment.
Nurturing Knights for Christ who SERVE and are:
Supporting The Whole Child
We equip our students with a Biblical Worldview for a deeper love and understanding of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
We provide Active Learning Environments, where teachers develop innovative solutions to create a more flexible, dynamic and individualized learning environment for their students.
Student Leadership opportunities to develop and exhibit Christian character traits.
We have an immersive S.T.E.A.M. program in middle school, as well as being integrated throughout the existing curriculum (preschool through 8th grade).
Triannual Computer Adaptive Testing (MAP Testing): Computer-based assessment with timely and easily interpreted data (Kindergarten-8th grade). MAP testing assesses Math, Language Arts, and Science (Fall, Winter, Spring).
Triannual Acadience Testing: Acadience Math & Reading K–6 helps educators monitor proficiency across a variety of educational settings. Acadience Reading benchmarks are empirically derived, criterion-referenced target scores that represent adequate math &reading skill for a particular grade and time of year
After school enrichment programs available
Performing Arts: Students have the choice to participate in Handbells(6-8), Choir (K-8), Chapel Band (6-8), Tech Crew (6-8), and Musicals and Mini-Musicals (3-8)
Competitive Sports programs for both boys and girls (5th-8th) including basketball, volleyball, flag football, and track and field.
Physical Education: PE Instruction by a dedicated PE teacher two times per week (K-8th).
- Art (K-8): Art instruction by a dedicated art teacher. Instruction includes the elements of art and principles of design as a basis for composition. Students will explore a variety of artists, art processes and materials such as drawing, painting, sculpture, two & three-dimensional design, and digital art.
- Music (K-8): Music instruction by a dedicated music teacher. Depending on the grade, students have been learning to play instruments, such as the ukulele, orf instruments, and xylophones. Students are learning to read music and understand music structure and receive consistent vocal instruction in performance.
Partnering with parents
- We are a strong and inclusive Christian tradition that will give your child tools for life, whether or not you and your family participates in a faith community.
- Before and after school care program, summer enrichment camp, and holiday care to help you balance work and family.
- Our Student Success Resource program is integral in meeting the diverse needs of our students. We have an experienced teacher working with students with unique learning or social-emotional needs. She partners with parents and teachers to create and implement individualized learning plans to help children succeed in school.
- We are a Common Sense Media Certified School. CSM is an organization dedicated to helping families and schools train students to make good decisions and stay safe when using technology. We are committed to continuing our safety-based technology program.
- Our Technology: Tablets (K-2nd), Chromebooks (3rd-8th), and Large Display Screens integrated into classroom learning.
- Our Curriculum is reviewed, aligned with state and national standards, and updated on a regular basis.
- Christ Lutheran is proud to be accredited by both the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA).
“We truly feel part of a family at Christ Lutheran. The teachers and staff genuinely care about my child and their development and partner with parents based on each child’s need. With strong academics and a faith-based curriculum, we feel blessed to be part of this community.”
Danielle Cleveland - Parent
“The teachers and administration are fantastic. They really care about the students and bring out each child’s special gifts. The curriculum, classrooms, performing arts, music, PE, and the large playground are also outstanding. The parents and students are also very warm and wonderful. It is a beautiful school. We love Christ Lutheran!”
Gina Albertson - Parent
“It’s our 3rd year at CLS and we love the sense of community, faith-based education, and leadership. From the beginning, everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. We are truly blessed to be apart of the CLS family.”
Katie Younan - Parent
“Have had kids at the school for over 10 years and have always had such a wonderful experience with staff, teachers, parents, and students. My children are in great hands and their teachers have always been very involved in not only teaching but also making sure my kids are grasping the subjects they’re learning. I feel like I’m sending them off to a very loving and nurturing environment every day I drop them off for school.”
Ashley Werley - Parent